FociCounter is a Python program, so it can be run under any operating system capable of runing Python (e.g. Windows, Linux).
FociCounter is distributed under GNU GPL license.
FociCounter is as stated above, a simple program for foci marking which allows:
- loading color or gray-scale images in many formats including TIF and JPEG
- adjusting thresholds and measurement parameters to obtain the best foci detection
- drawing measurement frames with a mouse to mark cells
- drawing more than one measurement frame per image (when there are a few cells)
- processing either the currently displayed image or all images with marked cells in the working directory at once
- displaying measurement results together with the parameters used in a "Counting Results" window
- exporting measurement results into a text file so they can be imported into a spreadsheet calculation program for further analysis
- saving images with marked foci
If you want to download and install this software, please go to the INSTALLATION page. There are some useful guides there.
Current version: 1.0